13 January 2009

Balad or Bust

For those of you sitting on the edge of their seats, wondering where I am and all that. Yes, I made it here. We landed around 7:30p. About 4 hours for welcome, inprocessing, briefing, busing to housing, finding our bags (about 10 min of searching and worrying and then finally relief), getting our gear to our rooms (my outgoing person made my bed and left a beautiful note & toiletry basket for me), then walking to the hospital for a tour and start my training. Finally gave up at 2:30a and found my way back to the bathroom trailers and my room.
The past 89 hours (from leaving St Louis to getting back to my room) included <9 hours of sleep. Fortunately, I got 7 1/2 last night.

More later (after work) and I'll edit to get pictures up this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear u arrived safely! You need a counter that lets us know what day you are at of your supposed 180.

    ReplyDelete