13 May 2009

CrossFit




Our instructors are Vanessa and Jim (this picture is from his blog).

"Ouch" is all I can say today (after two classes). I thought it would be my low back but it's my lower calf muscles that are killing me today. My goal is to do at least 4 classes a week for the next 6 weeks.

CrossFit is a system of workouts that emphasize "functional" fitness & strength training. Monday we did "Angie" (100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 pullups and 100 squats). Yesterday was "Punisher" (7 rounds of Deadlift, KettleBell Swings, Wall Ball Shots, Box Jumps). The picture above was taken after the class. I'm not sure why we are all smiling - must be because we finished.

This morning I was walking like an old lady. Once I managed continuous movement for about 10 min the muscles loosened up enough that most of the pain went away. But then I sat at my desk to do some work and got sore again. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be able to walk around H6 again (I'm not holding out to be able to jog again until this weekend).

My other goal? To do a real pull-up (at least 2 of them).

No comments:

Post a Comment