14 April 2009

Less Technology?


I'm not carrying a cell phone. I find that I'm not missing it (except maybe the daytimer function).

I cannot wear my iPod headphones outside when walking or jogging. That I still miss. If I want to work out in the gym I can listen to my podcasts. But I've been jogging outside (taking advantage of the weather before it gets too hot) and when I'm on the bike or elliptical, I'm either reading my Professional Military Education homework, or an issue of Entertainment Weekly that Ray sent.

No pager or radio from the hospital. There really isn't such a thing as a Nutrition emergency. Although I've been around when 1 has come up (something about a medication nutrition therapy and specialized tube feeding that I had to think outside the box and get creative with the supplies on hand).

Just a gun. Have to wear my M9 when I walk outside in uniform (supposed to do it when wearing PT gear as well, but I just can't do it, and no one has enforced it for medical personnel).

No comments:

Post a Comment