16 April 2009

It's All Downhill From Here




As much as I want to see my husband, my friends, my home...there's a part of me that is going to want to stay - to see this through to the end of our mission here in Iraq. Sometimes it feels like I just got here, and there is still so much to do. Other times it is just the same thing over and over again. But I try to change it up now and again.

This weekend I'm going to attempt something I haven't done in more than 15 years. I will be doing a biathlon (800m swim, 5k run). My goal is first, just to finish; second, to finish in under 50 min.

4 comments:

  1. Great swim. The gal in the same lane and I were very well matched, she ended up out touching me at the end by only 1 second. My average 100 meter time was 1:36! But my run is still pretty poor. It was more than 30 min so my overall time was about 52 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonetheless an excellent effort. From the smiles I see in your latest pictures I would say that you are feeling content with things. I am happy for you and a little envious, I miss the independence and challenges that come with active duty overseas, the camaraderie and the personal growth that accompanies the time away. You inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From challenge one grows. Every day has learning opportunities - professionally and spiritually, healthcare and leadership. Coming back home will be quite a shock to my system. I'm going to relish and hate the down time I will need before facing the 9-to-5 routine again.

    ReplyDelete