22 November 2009

CrossFit WOD Turned into OUCH!


Back in August when I found CrossFit Las Vegas:
Had my baseline evaluation today with Mike. After watching me jump rope, row, airsquat, do crossfit situps & pushups and demonstrate a pullup, he had me to the baseline workout: 500m row, 40 airsquats, 30 situps, 20 pushups, 10 pullups (used the purple band) in 6:45.

This was the WOD today. I thought I was doing pretty well until I got to the last exercise. I could not get my foot into that damn blue band. It slipped off my foot (before I could get it into the proper position)! Picture what happens when you snap a rubber band. Yah, pretty much that, landing across my chest - with the initial slap direct on my right nipple. OUCH!!! Going to leave a bruise I'm sure.

So I was disappointed when I got unhooked and jumped down to stop my watch; to see my time of 7:35. I'm sure if there was a trainer looking over (with the usual encouraging words), helping to get into the band quickly (and safely), and stopping the timer at the end of the last pullup, I could have at least equaled my previous time. I'm sure I'll have a chance to do this again soon. My goal will be <6:30.

The CFLV blog TTOD (Trainers Topic of the Day) was about starting clean lifts from three positions. I watched instructional videos on the main site and realized I was not really getting under the bar properly. But now I'm much better. Did 1 lift in all three positions for 3 rounds, then went to 65# for the last round. I want to have a trainer watch my form before going heavier.



No comments:

Post a Comment