22 August 2010

The Filthy Fifty Redux



Last year in Balad I did my first "Filthy Fifty" (but it wasn't totally correct since we didn't have a GHD for the Back Extensions, I couldn't do double-under jump rope, and my weight lifting weren't at the Rx level yet). My time was 35:00.

Today I wanted to give it another try, but this time try to do it as prescribed (Rx) for women: Box Jump 20", Jumping Pull-ups, Kettlebell Swings 12kg, Walking Lunges, Knees-to-Elbows (this is the only exercise I could not do Rx, half were done on the floor), Push Press 35#, Back Extensions (GHD), Wall Balls 14#, Burpees (made me very dizzy), and Double-unders (...my best event in this WOD).

39:24 (felt longer). But all the weights were heavier than last year, and I did the double unders. My "knees-to-elbows" in Balad were definately not being done even close to correctly. In the end, I didn't puke (but the guy doing this with me did and couldn't finish). I'm exhausted & my throat is sore. But I'm tickled that I did it, and looking forward to a PR next time. That won't be until next year.

Next up? Taking a look at some of the more well known benchmarks (the "Girls"), maybe Angie or Barbara.

Noted today: Ryan came up to met afterwards and asked to touch my muscles. He said "you're looking like an action figure" and told me he wanted to come to the 6a WOD more often because I was his motivation to get off the pull-up band.
Awwwww. Blush. And "Wow" at the same time. I've never really seen myself as a role model for fitness before.

No comments:

Post a Comment