17 June 2010

Two Fitness Goals for 2010 Have Been Met




1. 10 pull-ups, unassisted. Check (did them two days in a row just to make sure)
2. 20 Burpees in a row without getting dizzy, without stopping to catch my breath. Check (done as part of 16 June WOD: 21-15-9 Burpee + 400m Run after each round).

I'm also doing the 100 days of Burpee challenge posted on CrossFit702. Each day we do 1 more Burpee. Today is day 11. So either in my office, or at home, I'll be doing 11 Burpees. Piece of cake..... Good news is that next month we can break them up throughout the day. I've done that before; 10 Burpees every half hour to break up long study sessions or boring desk work. Rumor is the last day the 100 Burpees will be the WOD - so we'll be doing them all together (that's the rumor I'm trying to start).

Next goal: Pass the Tier 2 Test at CrossFit Las Vegas. It just means I have safe & effective form on my Olympic lifts, can do 3 rounds of Cindy (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats) as prescribed (no bands, no knees), 5 knees-to-elbows, and medicine ball cleans all with good form. Won't change my workouts but will allow me the option to do the 6p WOD if I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment