22 August 2009
Did I Have A Good Time?
Lots of folks at work have been asking about my time in Balad (they never read this blog). So I get asked this same question a few times a day.
There are some things I miss about JBB.
1. Walking (yes, I miss all the walking) - because it was so easy and good for me. What I don't miss about all the walking was the sweaty underware (when it started getting hot).
2. Regular breakfast. Fresh cut up fruit and smiling faces serving hot food in the hospital DFAC. Food in the hospital cafeteria back here in Las Vegas has changed for the worse (economics). And a small 1/2 cut up pineapple is $1!!!
3. More consistency with my workout program - because there were fewer distractions and it was so easy to get to the daily CrossFit class.
4. No cell phone - yup, fewer distractions, no interruptions, slower paced life has a lot to be desired. On the other hand, now I get to talk to my hubby more than just once a day (so that's a plus for having a cell phone).
5. Mongolian Night at DFAC2. Although I heard that since they opened the new DFAC2 the food has gone way downhill and there is no Mongolian there on Tuesday nights. So I guess I'm not missing anything now.
6. Sunday night Bingo at the Rec Center. In six months of playing I won a total of 4 games. Not great odds, but it was something I looked forward to every week. And I did win a game on my very last Sunday night in JBB. So that was special.